Tuesday, August 15, 2017

An Easy Bath Mat


Miss Abigail and I went shopping last Friday to get a few things for her college apartment, and I was appalled at the price of bath mats! I was reluctant to buy one anyway because it would be a single item in the laundry and I'm afraid it wouldn't get washed as often as needed. So... I made a quick one out of an inexpensive towel that can be washed with her other towels and sheets. I just cut it into thirds, added some Cluny lace, sewed the layers together and turned it inside out. So much cheaper than a rug and easier to care for.

We also made a first aid kit. I just kind of hate to think she will need it and I won't be there. Sigh. I know you all are sympathizing. Thanks for that!


12 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea on the bath mat. So one towel into a three layer thickness... is that right? I want to try this. Excellent idea on the first aid kit!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I folded into thirds and sewed around the edges then turned.

      Delete
  3. Terrific idea for a bathmat. I've used two old towels sewn together for a nice long bathmat. This idea is great for smaller ones! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great bathmat idea....and pretty! And unfortunately, first aid kits are necessary ~ better to have one and never need it, than not have one and need it immediately. I am so glad you are back to blogging! I've missed you and your wonderful ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna! I've missed blogging actually, just had my mind on so many things. It should quiet down now, I think.

      Delete
  5. This is such a beautiful blog. I discovered it late in its writing but have enjoyed the archives. What a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anna! I'm so glad you found the blog and the archives. There really is a lot in there! I'm not finished writing yet, but it is winding down. Sadly, Abigail will be needing her hope chest at some point.

      Delete
  6. I too am glad you are blogging! You have inspired me to do a hope chest for my granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this idea! Will be doing it as I need bath mats.

    I love your blog. I have 3 toddlers and my oldest already has a hopechest. It is full of items made for her by her great grandma. Dresses, blankets, burp clothes. It's so sweet to look at them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It makes me very happy that you enjoy the blog, Nicole! And, I'm glad to hear of your daughter's hope chest! Keep it going, won't you?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...