Saturday, March 24, 2012

Simple "Granny Round" Crocheted Dishcloth


Here is a new "granny round" crochet dishcloth pattern. I call it granny round because the stitches are so like the granny squares, but, obviously, the dishcloth is round in shape. It just makes for a change from a square dishcloth. I made this set to go with the yellow celery rose printed apron and yellow rose printed dishtowels. The pattern works up pretty quick. I hope you enjoy it!

Size: 8 ½ inch diameter

Materials: Worsted weight cotton yarn, Size G crochet hook

Row 1: Ch 4. Join with sl st to form ring. Ch 2 (counts as first sc). Make 13 sc in ring. Join with sl st to top of chain 2. (14 sc)

Row 2: Ch 4 (counts as first dc + ch 1). Dc in next sc. Ch 1. (Dc, ch 1) in each sc stitch around. Join with sl st in third chain of beginning stitch.

Row 3: Ch 3. Dc in space below. Ch 1. (2 dc, ch 1) in each ch 1 space around. Join with sl st in top of beginning ch 3. Sl st in next stitch and in the ch 1 space.

Row 4.  Ch 3. 2 dc in space below chain. Ch 1. (3 dc, ch 1) in each ch 1 space around. Join with sl st in top of beginning ch 3.

Row 5. Ch 3. Dc in next 2 dc. Ch 1. Dc in ch 1 space. *Dc in next 3 dc. Ch 1. Dc in ch 1 space.* Repeat between ** around. Join with sl st to top of beginning ch 3.

Row 6: Ch 3. Dc in same stitch as joining. Ch 1. Make 2 dc in next ch 1 space. Ch 1. *skip next 2 stitches. 2 dc in next stitch. Ch 1. 2 dc in next space. Ch 1.* Repeat between ** around. Join with sl st in top of beginning ch 3. Sl st in next stitch and in space.

Row 7: Ch 3. 2 dc in space below. Ch 1. *(3 dc, ch 1) in next ch 1 space.* Repeat between ** around. Join with sl st in top of beginning ch 3.

Row 8: Sl st in next stitch. *5 dc in ch 1 space. Skip next dc. Sl stitch in next dc.* Repeat between ** around. Join with a sl st in beginning sl st. Fasten off. Weave in ends.

10 comments:

  1. How pretty! What a great way to make something simple like a dishcloth more beautiful.

    I need to learn to crochet! I am finding knitting so hard though.

    I saw a really pretty pattern in an old magazine for placements that were sunflowers with brown centres and lovely yellow petals.

    So hard to choose between hobbies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really, really cute!!!...full of vintage cuteness :) :) I'm going to try making up some of these!!! I love Granny Squares but I've always had trouble with the start, because I can't seem to make it look invisible!!! Do you have any tips? Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

    p.s. Thanks for sharing the pattern :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful! I always love to look at your sets of beautifulness for the hopechest and as gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the pattern. I'm making this right now! Wish I had the same color you used, but instead I'm using Bright Orange. It's still quite cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for! I'm making baby washcloths, and I had the perfect pink cotton yarn and I knew what I wanted, but I'm pretty new at crochet so I didn't feel comfortable working without a good pattern. It turned out EXACTLY how I had pictured it in my head! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so easy and cute! :) Thank you! I've always loved the idea of a hope chest. Your blog makes me happy :) I like making stuff I know I will use when I get married.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the lovely pattern....I've crocheted up two cloths so far!
    Cheers.....Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so cute! I would like to make them however my skill level is not good enough that I can't just follow a pattern. I was wondering if you would be willing to add pictures with the directions? I have been able to make some of your other thing thanks to the pictures! And Thanks too you!Thanks Karla

    ReplyDelete
  9. Could you put pictres? That would be so helpful. I am a beginner and I can't always follow a pattern by reading it.Thanks Karla

    ReplyDelete
  10. Made mine in hues of white, blue and yellow. Matches perfect with my kitchen theme. Great pattern. This pattern is going in my GO TO PATTERN stash. Have you ever made this bigger, say for a table topper for a small round kitchen table?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...