Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tagged

Hannah, at These Little Hands tagged me with several questions to answer. Because I'm not hardly given enough time at the library to respond to tagging, I hope she doesn't mind if I don't pass it along. But, I thought I could take just a minute to respond to her questions. Also, recently, Michele included me in her list of blog favorites. Just so you all know, I'm really pleased to be anyone's favorite, and I really wish I had the Internet at home -it would be fun to play some of these blog games. So, I hope you'll also take a moment to visit Michele's lovely homemaking blog at Simply Scaife Family Farm. She's very industrious and I'm always impressed with how much she gets done.

1. What is your earliest memory?
You all don't know that my memory has become the family joke. I understand that you have to get through menopause before the situation begins to correct and then you start downhill into old age. Sigh. I have very happy memories of playing with my older brother and sister. We were all very close in age, but I was the youngest and tagged along the best I could. I remember Bart and Leigh riding bikes with me trying to keep up on the tricycle and crying because they wouldn't wait for me. Now isn't that sad! ;o}
2. Have you ever cried from joy? Tell us the story!
When the first of my children got married, I felt pure joy and cried and cried and couldn't stop crying for joy. This event represented the culmination of many of my goals - to bear and rear children, to teach them the gospel, to homeschool, to see them safely on their own.Two more of our children are married now and I felt the same joy, but thankfully didn't cry so much. When I saw a grandson, newly born into the world - I cried because he looked so much like his daddy - my own son.
3. What is your favorite song to sing while you work, drive, or are alone?
"Redeemer of Israel"
4. What color are the walls of your room?
Off-white paint. I know its kind of boring...
5. What are your favorite hobbies right now?
Gosh, all of you see my hobbies worked out before your eyes! You may not know that I love to read Victorian mystery novels, however. Anne Perry is my very favorite author and I like the Mary Russell series by Laurie King also. Ellis Peters is also a favorite author and P.C. Doherty.
6. If you could change the color of prison bodysuits, what would you change them to?
Green. Just in case I ever had to wear one, it would be my favorite color.
7. Where do you see yourself in five years? 
In five years, Miss Abigail will be eighteen years old. I see myself really busy trying to prepare her to leave home for college, perhaps. Or something along those lines. If she remains at home, I see myself doing pretty much the same things, except maybe I'll have a chance to study the scriptures a little more. I look forward to the time when I can do that. --and play my violin again. Maybe I would have time to paint my bedroom walls a different color.
8. Sweater or blouse?
Blouse, certainly!
9. What is the strangest thing you've ever eaten?
Moose salami.
10. Spontaneous road trip! Who do you take and where do you go?
I don't much like to drive, but I've always wanted to see New England. I'd rather not drive there. Of course I would take Miss Abigail, we're hardly ever apart. My husband would have to stay home to do all the chores!
11. Do you prefer to stay in or go out?
Go out. I love to eat out in restaurants. ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...