Saturday, April 2, 2011

A Peek Inside - Veggie Dishtowels


These are another set of dishtowels that I have embroidered for Abigail's hopechest. Because green happens to be my favorite color, these veggies are a particular favorite of mine. They were so fun to embroider! I love the way they turned out. I wish the actual towels were more sturdy. These were done before I found a good source for towels. They aren't bad, but they aren't great either. (Please see this post for my recommendations for towels worthy of handwork.) After all that work, I hope the towels will hold up to the regular wear and tear of a hard working kitchen. But, I simply think of this as justification for embroidering so many sets. ;o)






I know there are only five towels in this set. I used to think that I had to make sets of seven, but I have reconsidered that number. If I included seven towels in each set I make, Miss Abigail would have waaaaaaaay too many dishtowels in her hope chest! And that wouldn't even include those she may want to make for herself. So, I've decided that a set of two or three dishtowels is more reasonable. Unless they are "days of the week" patterns, I don't think it is necessary to have a full set of seven.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful...you are such a dear mother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathleen,
    I am enjoying keeping up with you remotely. It feels just like a conversation with you! I can hear your voice in your text. I look forward to everything you publish.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice! Could you tell me where the pattern came from? Thanks, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dish towels are beautiful! What pretty embroidery! Abigail will remember the love you put into each item as she "sets up her own housekeeping" some day! What a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies for your comments.

    Mary Ann and Donna, you make me blush. You both are so kind to say so.

    Karen, welcome to the blog and I'm glad that you can now leave comments. I hope you'll share your thoughts often. ;o)

    Angela, the pattern is Aunt Martha's #3286 Eight Colorful Vegetable Motifs from the Colonial Pattern Co. You can often find these transfer patterns at craft and sewing stores and always online at Aunt Martha's. There is a link on my sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are lovely... your stitching is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, thank you, Bambina! Welcome to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply *adorable*.......thank you for the pattern # :o)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...