Friday, October 14, 2011

Looking Over My Shoulder


I've been working on little sheets for the play-yard of my soon-to-be-born grandson. Aren't they cute! This pattern is one of Aunt Martha's, but it doesn't show up on their website. It must have been retired, which is really too sad! However, this easy pattern has cute animals that would work for sheets and, with some editing, this one also. You can see a picture of Miss Abigail's gift here. Baby items were a traditional addition to the hope chest. Small projects, such as a crib sheet, are such good practice for beginning stitchers.

2 comments:

  1. Those are so cute - what sweet designs!!

    I am attempting to learn basic embroidery for a project for a pen pal - I can cross stitch but I need to sew a phrase onto fabric without holes! New and scary as I am so used to cross stitch fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with that Jenny - I'm sure it will work out just fine. The Stitch School blog could be a great resource for you. There is a link on the sidebar.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...