Monday, October 3, 2011

Cleaning Tote


Last week mom taught me a Home Ec lesson about using cleaning tools and cleaners. The project for this lesson was to make a cleaning tote that I could put all of my cleaning supplies in. In this post I’m going to show you how to make a cleaning tote for yourself.

You will need a plastic tote with a handle and some Sharpie brand permanent markers.

First, take a pencil and trace a border design all around the tote. You can either use a wavy plastic template, like I did, or just free-hand it.


Trace over the penciled line with a permanent marker. I used Bic brand permanent markers, but I had one Sharpie marker and the color of this marker was much brighter.

Use other colors to draw freehand designs all along the border. I drew three different kinds of flowers with a butterfly here and there. You can practice on a separate paper until you have the designs the way you want them.


Cleaning totes are useful because they save time and steps when you are cleaning house. You don’t need to run around the house to get something you need. Everything is handy when you need it.


Respectfully submitted by Miss Abigail.

1 comment:

  1. I have been using cleaning totes for years. I never thought to pretty them up. Thanks for the idea! I have three cleaning totes in my house right now. One for each bathroom (with matching colored gloves and totes)and one for the Utility/Kitchen. It is wonderful to have everything in one place and to know that every week when I do my shopping list I do not have to search out if I need to replace a cleaning product or my gloves or the rags I use. You are very lucky to have a parent who cares so much about you learning to take care of yourself. I have found that even boys need these lessons. Good Fortune Follow You.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...