Tuesday, April 14, 2020

A Peek Inside - Another Set of Pillowcases

This set of pillowcases in the hope chest is recycled! Some years ago, my father-in-law gave me several pillowcases that were cleaned out of an old warehouse where he worked. They are made from beautiful, tight cotton percale and the fabric is lovely. But, these original pillowcases had a large black logo stamp on the cuff - not so lovely. So, I cut the whole hem off to get rid of that logo. Because that made the pillowcases too short for even a standard pillow, I made a new cuff with this pretty blue print cotton fabric. I used the easy "magic" or "burrito" method to enclose the seams in the cuff. Then I embroidered a design to dress them up a bit. No cost upcyling - just scraps.




4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...