Sunday, April 5, 2020

A Peek Inside - Pretty Hand Embroidered Pillowcases

These pretty pillowcases were embroidered by Miss Doris, one of Abigail's older friends. The embroidery is so carefully done, so beautifully stitched.



Miss Doris was a longtime member of the Stanley Homemakers Club - the women's club that Abigail was born into. Doris contributed several things to Abigail's hope chest over the years. She was an expert at hand embroidery and made several sets of dishtowels for Abby.


This picture was taken in 2011 when Abby was 13 years old. Doris was such a friend to me and spoiled Abby as much as she could. Doris passed away a few days ago from the consequence of age and, while I am happy that she is released from this life and joins her beloved J.C., I am also sad to live in a world without her in it. She was truly a homemaker and I'm so glad Abby has so many things in her hope chest that will remind her of memories of Miss Doris. 


4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for the loss of your dear friend. Miss Doris's handwork is beautiful and will be cherished for years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing to have momentos of the love and friendship of such a special woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comfort ladies! I appreciate that I'm not talking to an empty room, haha. You are a blessing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you both will have good memories of Miss Doris. She did beautiful handwork! The pillowcases are just lovely.

    Darlene

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...