Saturday, December 18, 2010

"Merry Linens" Gift Set


I finished the "Merry Linens" gift set and wanted to show you all what it all looked like in the end. I crocheted a set of hot pads and a dishcloth and sewed rick-rack on two hand towels as well as embroidering the dishtowel. A recipe book, published by my ladies club, was also part of the gift. I think it all turned out really well.





I think its fun to use special linens like this for holiday cooking and baking. An apron would be nice too! If holiday linens are prepared ahead of time and placed in the hope chest, it would surely make those first holidays away from home more merry.

2 comments:

  1. What a great gift. Was this for your daughters Hope Chest? I have that same red,green,white twisted yarn and have made lots of dishcloths from it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, actually this particular gift was for a December bride, the daughter of good friends. Abby liked the "merry" dishtowel alot and is easily able to make one for herself and she can also do the rick-rack trim on the hand towels. However, she doesn't much like to crochet yet. So, at some point I'll encourage her make a couple of dishtowels and hand towels, then I'll crochet the hotpads and dishcloths for her.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...