Friday, August 5, 2011

At The County Fair

All this week we have been busy at the fair. Abigail had 37 exhibits for indoor projects, plus 2 breeding Finn sheep and a Southdown market lamb in the livestock show. I took some crochet and a set of embroidered dishtowels. My husband makes walking sticks and he entered 2 of those.

Abigail has done remarkably well. She earned a lot of blue ribbons, several reds and a couple of white ribbons. She also was awarded a few Best of Show rosette ribbons! She especially likes those. One of the Best of Show ribbons is on her lady bug outfit! Her canning all won blue. She also earned the reserve high point award.  Her market lamb won fourth place out of a class of eight and she showed the lamb very well. The breeding sheep each won blue ribbons, but they were in a class by themselves. Still, they are beautiful sheep.

I'm so tired and will be happy when I can catch up on sleep and housework. Our son and his wife brought my new grandson last night, late. I'm on my way home now for some Grandma time. I'll post pictures as soon as I can. We took pictures for several tutorials while Abigail was working on fair stuff.  I'm anxious to post these in upcoming days.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Abigail and the rest of the family! Now, its time to get to work on next years entries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, Donna. I know exactly what you mean, but we're taking some time to catch our breath! Abigail is already thinking about new projects. ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...