Thursday, February 13, 2014

A Peek Inside - Lace Edged Gingham Towels


 Although I'm showing them last, these pretty gold gingham hand towels were made for the hope chest in the early spring of 2006 - eight years ago! They have just been waiting for the rest of the set to be finished and I am glad that it is, finally. I love how the crocheted lace looks on the edge. I think they really might be too pretty for the kitchen. Thankfully, the lace was made on a foundation chain, so it can be removed when the towels wear out and re-sewn onto new towels. Honestly, I don't have towels this pretty in my kitchen...In fact, now that I think about it, I really should take a break from the hope chest and make myself some pretty towels. Nope, can't do it. One of these days, perhaps...

6 comments:

  1. Love the edges! So pretty! Thanks for sharing all your craftiness with us, it has inspired me to start crocheting again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you please share how you did the towels? Are they ones you have sewn or did you purchase then add crochet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gingham towels were made from a length of 60" 100% cotton plain weave (meaning the weave is a simple over/under weave) fabric. I measured and cut the towels and hemmed all the edges with a 1/4-inch hem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I have to look through my "kitchen linen fabrics" bag to see if I have any that match my kitchen colors enough to make into towels. Now that I finally have those colors selected I just can't stop making things!

    Blessings,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog and ready every post from the beginning! What a wonderful project. I have been blessed with three daughters (so far) and I am so excited to use your ideas as I teach them to look forward to making a home of their own, and for making my own home more beautiful. Thank you for all of your efforts!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...