Monday, April 20, 2020

A Musical Table Centerpiece


Miss Abigail and I were talking not too long ago about what types of table linens she might want from her hope chest. She thought a table runner to lay on the kitchen counter under trays for snacks would be helpful. So I made this easy self-faced table centerpiece this morning. I didn't have enough fabric length for a runner, so this is a little wider and a bit shorter - more of a centerpiece than a runner. It is still roomy for the purpose. It measures 19 x 27 - inches.

Abigail and Jacob are both very musical, so the fabric should reflect their interests and the black and white colors make it easy to coordinate dishes and other decorations at a casual get-together.



There are many directions and tutorials for creating a self-faced, mitered corner placemat or baby blankets or quilt. I find the directions for a baby blanket from the Utah State Cooperative Extension the easiest to understand and complete. I used that PDF to make this centerpiece, just changing the measurements to fit well on a kitchen counter. If you have another great pattern, please share the link in a comment!

1 comment:

  1. I love this table centerpiece! My daughter is also very musical (she teachers piano and voice) and I have some musical fabric. I will have to make one for her table in her apartment! Thank you for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...